Clopcott development to go ahead: Bala
07:07 Mon Jul 22, 2013
Taken from/By: FBC News
Report by: Ritika Pratap
Development of the Clopcott subdivision in Ba will go ahead despite an earlier decision to stop work.
This was revealed to FBC News by Ba Special Administrator Pravin Bala after a meeting with ratepayers over the weekend.
The meeting was also attended by acting Local Government Minister and Attorney General Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum.
Bala says plans are to start the subdivision without having to move people.
“Because when you move people… this is where this sort of things will happen and I think that is exactly what has happened. We will have very little movement of people. When you deal with squatters, you have to be very careful.”
Bala says the estimated cost for the project is three million dollars and Bala believes people must know where the money is coming from.
“Ba Town Council has no money like that. I have heard that PCN has promised to give $180, 000, I have heard the department of housing has promised to give two hundred thousand… but these money are not in yet."
Attorney General Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum intervened last week to help squatters in the area.
« Back to Home« More Fiji News