Advertisement

Fiji Time:

Fiji News

16-year-old boy dies after being electrocuted

16:00 Sun Dec 31, 2017


Taken from/By:
Report by: Ana Ravulo

A 16-year-old boy died after he was electrocuted by a powerline in Cunningham last night.

Fiji Electricity Authority Chief Executive Hasmukh Patel says that one of their live powerline was low and the young boy touched it.

“But apparently one of the youths touched the powerline and as a result because the powerline was still alive, obviously he received an electric shock initially and by the time he was taken to the hospital he passed away.”

Patel says that it was unfortunate that no one called them about the low powerline as they would have turned it off a matter of seconds.

He is urging the public to always inform them on toll free number 913 whenever they see a low powerline.



share image 1

« Back to Home« More Fiji News

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement