First motor vehicle accident compensation claim offer made
March 18, 2018 12:43 am
The Accident Compensation Commission has finalised its first compensation claim and made an offer to the family of the victim.
Chief executive, Parvez Akbar, says the offer is yet to be accepted by the family.
The case involves a ten-year-old boy who died after he was hit by a vehicle at Khalsa Road in Nasinu last month.
“There is one that we have finalised and we have offered compensation to the family and we are just waiting on them to decide whether they will accept our offer and if they do that – we will pay out the compensation as soon as possible. The turnaround on that was quite quick, the accident took place in early February and early March we were in a position to offer compensation.”
Akbar says there are a few pending cases in relation to fatal accidents whereby the Commission is assisting the applicants to attend to their legal matters before it can be lodged to them.
There have been nine fatalities on our roads to date.