Home Care initiative to take place in Nadi
17:23 Thu May 17, 2018
Taken from/By: FBC News
Report by: Ana Ravulo
The Home Care initiative for Nadi will take place by next week and has not been cancelled as speculated by some.
Acting Prime Minister, Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum says teams from the different ministries had been working in Sigatoka from early yesterday morning to the early hours of this morning and had to get rest.
Sayed-Khaiyum says thousands were served in Sigatoka and they understand the plight of those who were waiting in Nadi.
“The team were still working till about 4 or 5am today since yesterday morning at 9am. We need to do an area a day. A team was also sent ahead when they realized they were still going to be stuck at Lawaqa Park, to inform them that they will be late. They will be starting on later today to start Nadi, we cannot expect the entire social welfare team whose been up all night, because we did not anticipate, in fact the entire Lawaqa Park stadium was full."
Sayed-Khaiyum is advising Fijians to practice honesty in applying for the home care initiative and not to deny those who deserve the assistance.
« Back to Home« More Fiji News